Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - www.hotelscombined.com

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Want to Know About TOR Browser? #SocialMediaBusinessMarketing




Want to Know About TOR Browser? #SocialMediaBusinessMarketing


Tor is free software for enabling anonymous communication. The name is derived from an acronym for the original software project name "The Onion Router". Tor directs Internet traffic through a free, worldwide, volunteer network consisting of more than seven thousand relays to conceal a user's location and usage from anyone conducting network surveillance or traffic analysis. Using Tor makes it more difficult for Internet activity to be traced back to the user: this includes "visits to Web sites, online posts, instant messages, and other communication forms". Tor's use is intended to protect the personal privacy of users, as well as their freedom and ability to conduct confidential communication by keeping their Internet activities from being monitored.

Onion routing is implemented by encryption in the application layer of a communication protocol stack, nested like the layers of an onion. Tor encrypts the data, including the destination IP address, multiple times and sends it through a virtual circuit comprising successive, randomly selected Tor relays. Each relay decrypts a layer of encryption to reveal only the next relay in the circuit in order to pass the remaining encrypted data on to it. The final relay decrypts the innermost layer of encryption and sends the original data to its destination without revealing, or even knowing, the source IP address. Because the routing of the communication is partly concealed at every hop in the Tor circuit, this method eliminates any single point at which the communicating peers can be determined through network surveillance that relies upon knowing its source and destination.

An adversary might try to de-anonymize the user by some means. One way this may be achieved is by exploiting vulnerable software on the user's computer. The NSA has a technique that targets a vulnerability - which they codenamed "EgotisticalGiraffe" - in an outdated Firefox browser version at one time bundled with the Tor package, and in general, targets Tor users for close monitoring under its XKeyscore program. Attacks against Tor are an active area of academic research, which is welcomed by the Tor Project itself.

The Tor Project, Inc is a Massachusetts-based 501(c) research-education nonprofit organization founded by computer scientists Roger Dingledine, Nick Mathewson and five others. The Tor Project is primarily responsible for maintaining software for the Tor anonymity network.

The Tor Project was founded by computer scientists Roger Dingledine, Nick Mathewson and five others in December 2006. The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) acted as The Tor Project's fiscal sponsor in its early years, and early financial supporters of The Tor Project included the U.S. International Broadcasting Bureau, Internews, Human Rights Watch, the University of Cambridge, Google, and Netherlands-based Stichting.net.

As of 2012, 80% of The Tor Project's $2 million annual budget came from the United States government, with the U.S. State Department, the Broadcasting Board of Governors, and the National Science Foundation as major contributors, "to aid democracy advocates in authoritarian states". The Swedish government and other organizations provided the other 20%, including NGOs and thousands of individual sponsors. Dingledine said that the United States Department of Defense funds are more similar to a research grant than a procurement contract. Tor executive director Andrew Lewman said that even though it accepts funds from the U.S. federal government, the Tor service did not collaborate with the NSA to reveal identities of users.

In October 2014 The Tor Project hired the public relations firm Thomson Communications in order to improve its public image (particularly regarding the terms "Dark Net" and "hidden services," which are widely viewed as being problematic) and to educate journalists about the technical aspects of Tor.

In May 2015, The Tor Project ended the Tor Cloud Service.

In December 2015, The Tor Project announced that it had hired Shari Steele, former executive director of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, as its new executive director. Roger Dingledine, who had been acting as interim executive director since May 2015, remained at The Tor Project as a director and board member. Later that month, The Tor Project announced that the Open Technology Fund will be sponsoring a bug bounty program that will be coordinated by HackerOne. The program will initially be invite-only and will focus on finding vulnerabilities that are specific to The Tor Project's applications.

On May 25, 2016 core developer and the public face of the Tor Project, Jacob Appelbaum, stepped down from his position; this was announced on June 2 in a two-line statement by Tor. Over the following days, allegations of sexual mistreatment were made public by several people. On June 4, Shari Steele, the Executive Director of the Tor project, published a statement saying that the recent allegations of sexual mistreatment regarding Appelbaum were consistent with "rumors some of us had been hearing for some time," but she asserted that "...the most recent allegations are much more serious and concrete than anything we had heard previously." Appelbaum has denounced the allegations as part of a concerted strategy to damage his reputation.

In March 2011, The Tor Project received the Free Software Foundation's 2010 Award for Projects of Social Benefit. The citation read, "Using free software, Tor has enabled roughly 36 million people around the world to experience freedom of access and expression on the Internet while keeping them in control of their privacy and anonymity. Its network has proved pivotal in dissident movements in both Iran and more recently Egypt."



Source: wikipedia

47 comments:

  1. I haνe reаd so many articles about the bⅼoցger loveгs
    however this paragraph is truly a pleasant paragraph,
    keep it up.
    reference : You Knew How To Pasѕԝord Protect Fօlder But You Forg᧐t.

    Here Is A Reminder

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have experience of using Facebook, then you will want to know all about this. I have just come across a company that is actively hiring experienced Facebook users. You can get paid great money doing this, too.

    Check out all the details here…it’s well worth a look: https://socialsalerep.com?hyden4475

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ηi, its good рiece of writing concеrning media print, we all know
    media is ɑ impressive source of data.
    important souгce : Finding The Вest Encryрtion Software
    & How Тo How To Encrypt A Password Foг Free The Spartan Way

    ReplyDelete
  4. You аctually make it appear really easy along witһ your presentation but
    I tο find tһis topic to be actuallү somеthing which
    I think I might never understand. It sort of feels
    toօ complex and very large for me. I am tɑkіng a look aheaԁ in your subsequеnt publish, I will attempt to get
    thе dangle of it!
    use this lіnk : How To L᧐ck Files Whеn Nobody
    Else Will

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is rеally a great and helpful piece of info. I'm satiѕfied that you simρly shаred this helpfᥙl info with us.

    Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you foг
    sharing.
    cһeck out here : You Knew How To Lock Files But You Forgot.
    Here Is A Reminder

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure exactly why but thіs weblog is loading incгedibly slow for
    me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue
    on my еnd? I'll check back lɑter and see if the problem still existѕ.

    useful reference : Lock Files It: Here’s How

    ReplyDelete
  7. І enjoy what you guys tend to be up toо. This kind of clevеr work
    and exposure! Keep up the excellent works guys I'ᴠe added you guys
    to my peгsonaⅼ blogroll.
    browse around these guys : Top Nine Lessons About Encryρtion Տoftware To
    Learn Before You Hit 30 & How Ƭo How To Encrypt A
    Password Fοr Free The Marine Ꮃay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm it lookѕ like your website ate my first comment (it was extremеly ⅼong) so I gueѕs I'll juѕt
    sum it up whɑt I haԁ written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoyіng
    your blog. I as well am an aspiгing blog writer but I'm still new tߋ everything.
    Do you have аny suggestions for first-time blog writers?

    I'd really apprecіatе it.
    more tips here : How To Lock Files The Marine Way

    ReplyDelete
  9. Appreciɑte thіs post. Ꮤill try it out.
    resource : How To Password Ρrotect Folder The Sрartan Way

    ReplyDelete

  10. Did you know that businesses all around the world are hiring people just like you to help manage their social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube?
    There is a lot of money in it, and the best part is that you don’t need any qualifications, prior experience or specialized skills. All you need is a few spare hours per week, a computer with an internet connection and a good knowledge of how to use Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.

    https://clicktrix.com?david6854

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only wanna comment that you have a very decent internet site, I the design and
    style it really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe that a social media consultant must be attuned to the company goals and aspirations if he or she is to represent them on their social media channels. I also think that outsourcing social media marketing is a good idea for a company looking to specialize in their core business. In any case, most businesses outsource marketing and advertising and I don’t see why social media marketing should be any different. You just need to be actively involved to ensure that you are represented in the way that you want

    ReplyDelete
  13. I believe that a social media consultant must be attuned to the company goals and aspirations if he or she is to represent them on their social media channels. I also think that outsourcing social media marketing is a good idea for a company looking to specialize in their core business. In any case, most businesses outsource marketing and advertising and I don’t see why social media marketing should be any different. You just need to be actively involved to ensure that you are represented in the way that you want

    ReplyDelete
  14. I believe that a social media consultant must be attuned to the company goals and aspirations if he or she is to represent them on their social media channels. I also think that outsourcing social media marketing is a good idea for a company looking to specialize in their core business. In any case, most businesses outsource marketing and advertising and I don’t see why social media marketing should be any different. You just need to be actively involved to ensure that you are represented in the way that you want

    ReplyDelete
  15. I believe that a social media consultant must be attuned to the company goals and aspirations if he or she is to represent them on their social media channels. I also think that outsourcing social media marketing is a good idea for a company looking to specialize in their core business. In any case, most businesses outsource marketing and advertising and I don’t see why social media marketing should be any different. You just need to be actively involved to ensure that you are represented in the way that you want

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot approximately this, such as you
    wrote the e-book in it or something. I think that you just can do with a few percent to force
    the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is excellent blog.
    A great read. I will definitely be back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.

    I will make certain to bookmark your blog and will often come back someday.
    I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great work,
    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, for all time i used to check blog posts here in the early hours in the daylight, for
    the reason that i love to gain knowledge of more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Change within the form of a dwindling Orthodox group in Boston brought
    Grand Rabbi Pinchas Dovid to New York in 1940 and, in the type of Grand
    Rabbi Pinchas Dovid's death and his eldest son's assumption of the title of Bostoner Rebbe
    of New York, brought Grand Rabbi Levi Yitzchak Horowitz again to Boston a few years later to revive his father's movement the
    place it started.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello mates, good paragraph and fastidious arguments commented at this place,
    I am truly enjoying by these.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many months of hard work due to no data backup.
    Do you have any methods to stop hackers?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, you could be a
    great author.I will always bookmark your blog and will come back
    from now on. I want to encourage one to continue your great
    posts, have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How are you, Thank you for sharing your ideas.
    You are right on point and also you conveyed your opinion wonderfully.

    I tweeted this post as well as placed a link on my Reddit
    page. I really appreciated the read!

    Have a good rest of the week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. If you desire to obtain much from this article then you have to
    apply such strategies to your won webpage.

    ReplyDelete
  25. certainly like your website but you need to
    check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it
    very troublesome to tell the reality however I will definitely come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A person necessarily help to make severely posts I'd state.
    This is the very first time I frequented your web page and to this
    point? I surprised with the research you made to create this particular put up extraordinary.

    Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I've
    truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing for your feed and I am
    hoping you write once more very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  28. hey there and thank you for your info – I have definitely picked up anything new from right
    here. I did however expertise several technical points using this website,
    as I experienced to reload the site many times previous to I
    could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK?
    Not that I'm complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google
    and can damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with
    Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for much more of your respective intriguing content.
    Make sure you update this again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Helpful info. Lucky me I discovered your site accidentally, and I'm surprised why this
    twist of fate didn't happened earlier! I bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
    I don't know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous
    blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Marvelous, what a blog it is! This webpage gives useful information to us, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You've made some really good points there. I looked on the web
    for additional information about the issue and
    found most people will go along with your views on this web site.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is the right website for anyone who hopes to understand this
    topic. You understand so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I really would want to…HaHa).
    You certainly put a fresh spin on a subject that has been discussed for decades.
    Excellent stuff, just great!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Admiring the dedication you put into your website and detailed information you present.
    It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanted rehashed information. Excellent read!
    I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google
    account.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello very cool website!! Man .. Beautiful ..
    Amazing .. I will bookmark your site and take the feeds additionally?
    I am happy to search out numerous useful information right here
    within the put up, we need develop extra strategies in this regard,
    thanks for sharing. . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  36. Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after looking at a few of the articles I realized it's new to me.
    Nonetheless, I'm certainly pleased I stumbled upon it and I'll
    be book-marking it and checking back often!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my apple ipad and tested to
    see if it can survive a forty foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she has 83 views.
    I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I read this paragraph completely regarding the resemblance of hottest
    and preceding technologies, it's amazing article.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks, this website is very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  40. So informative look forward to returning.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice at the same time
    as you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog
    web site? The account helped me a acceptable deal.
    I were tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided vivid
    transparent concept

    ReplyDelete
  42. I have been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this kind of space .
    Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this web site. Reading this info So i am satisfied to
    express that I've an incredibly just right uncanny
    feeling I found out exactly what I needed. I most surely will make sure to
    do not forget this web site and give it a look regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hello my loved one! I want to say that this post is
    amazing, nice written and come with approximately all vital infos.

    I would like to see extra posts like this .

    ReplyDelete
  44. Unquestionably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be
    on the net the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people
    consider worries that they just do not know about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole
    thing without having side-effects , people could take a
    signal. Will probably be back to get more.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  45. This excellent website certainly has all of the information I wanted concerning this subject and
    didn't know who to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  46. به شدت نوشته ارزشمند هست. ممنون
    از شما

    ReplyDelete
  47. You need to take part in a contest for one of the mst useful sites
    on the internet. I'm going to recimmend this website!

    ReplyDelete